The week has ended with a bang in the exciting world of Web3. As the public mulls over the future of the blockchain, some of the most established brands just keep on entering the space.
Well-known entities such as Christie’s, Kids Foot Locker, Aspen Lakes, Chivas Regal, and the Oxford University Press, made some impact on the Web3 scene today. They are joined by talents ranging from Blackpink to Jimi Hendrix, as well as various Non-Fungible Token (NFT) and metaverse projects.
Web3 games and blockchain projects covered in this roundup includes Shiba Inu, Walken, Fenix Games, Polkastarter, Illuvium, and Rumble Kong League, among others.
Let’s look at the stories that shape Web3 today.
- Seoul-based K-Pop girl group tripleS, which boasts a 24-member Asian talent pool, has reached over 28 million YouTube views on their first album’s single “Generation.” The group is also known for utilizing blockchain technology for various campaigns (including fan-voting and NFTs, among others) (CS).
- In other K-related news, Lisa of renowned K-Pop group Blackpink, is bringing established whisky brand Chivas Regal to the metaverse. As part of their existing partnership, Lisa and Chivas have launched an immersive virtual experience called “Regal Planet.” Basically, the project features various areas where fans can hang out, explore, and interact with fellow supporters (HB).
- Geneva, Switzerland-based lobbying organization the World Economic Forum has invited popular cryptocurrency Shiba Inu ($SHIB) to be its partner in creating a Global Metaverse Policy. The initiative will also involve social media giant Meta, as well as virtual world projects Decentraland and The Sandbox (BC).
- Children’s sports apparel retailer Kids Foot Locker has launched its virtual experience on online game platform/game creation system Roblox. The footwear store dubbed the project “Kids Foot Locker House of Play.” Basically, the project offers immersive gaming experiences, interactive virtual spaces, and digital sneakers (NFTG).
- Decentralized fundraising platform PolkaStarter’s annual GAM3 Awards has announced the nominees for 2022. 32 titles in 16 categories were shortlisted for the final selection. Games that made it to the lineup includes Gods Unchained, Guild of Guardians, lluvium, My Pet Hooligan, Shrapnel, Star Atlas, and Thetan Arena, to name a few (TW).
- Web3 game publisher Fenix Games has raised $150 million to bolster their publishing capabilities. According to the company, they “plan to acquire, invest, publish, and operate in select cases, games and studios.” Firms that pledged support for the project include Phoenix Group and Cypher Capital (WB).
- Move-to-Earn platform Walken hit a new milestone after surpassing two million registered users. Recent reports state that the project’s sustainable tokenomics and addictive gameplay contributed to its steady following. Furthermore, the game is still evolving and its creators are continuously building to improve the product (CJ).
- GameFi platform BinaryX has released the concept art for its upcoming open-world MMO project CyberLand. The teaser video gave a glimpse of the game’s terrain and features. Currently, BinaryX is preparing for CyberLand’s beta release. This version will also introduce SocialFi features that allows users to create content and share it with the community (BIC).
- Taiwanese game studio X-Legend Entertainment, the creators of Aura Kingdom and Grand Fantasia (as well as other MMO titles), announced the launch of Web3 mobile MMORPG Honor of Heirs. The Microsoft-backed blockchain gaming platform WEMIX powers the Play-to-Earn project’s crypto features (MMOS).
- Much-awaited collectible basketball game Rumble Kong League announced the launch of its Pre-Alpha version. The dev team will spread the game over multiple testing periods. Moreover, the project will focus on the core game loop and basic team management. Additionally, Kong and Rookie NFT holders are eligible to sign up for the Pre-Alpha (RKL).
- Entertainment and lifestyle magazine Essex Magazine announced the launch of rare Jimi Hendrix photographs in the form of NFTs. Taken from the collection of acclaimed photographer Donald Silverstein, the iconic images are set for release in three releases. The drops are as follows: “The Puzzle,” artist collaborations, and exclusive 1 of 1 NFTs (EM).
- Metaverse blockchain technology company Marvion has formed a partnership with graphic novel publisher ComicAsia to launch the “DRACULA: Rising Sun NFT” collection. The project is slated for release on Marvion’s decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) metaverse platform MetaStudio (PRN).
- Strategy Web3 game Project XENO has partnered with prominent Japanese YouTuber Hikaru to release a limited edition NFT collection. Dubbed “Project XENO x Hikaru,” the collection features three types of NFTs namely: XENO version, GENESIS version Ver.I, and GENESIS Ver.II (NFTE).
- World-class golf course Aspen Lakes’ new owner Rhue Resorts are introducing NFTs into their business model. The company plans to offer digital assets as a form of membership for the luxury resort. Moreover, Rhue is also offering a holiday discount which crypto users can avail using Ethereum’s native token Ether ($ETH) (G).
- Leading auction house Christie’s announced an NFT auction event dubbed “Next Wave: The Miami Edit,” which will run from November 30 to December 7. Christie’s digital art director Nicole Sales stressed that the current bear market has not diminished interest in NFTs. Furthermore, she also believes that “collectors want to own the best artworks and Christie’s 3.0 is the venue” (AN).
- The Oxford University Press has announced the three finalist words/terms for 2022 and “Metaverse” seems to be a strong contender against “#IStandWith” and “Goblin Mode.” In a statement by the world’s largest university press, the institution maintained that, “usage of this word has quadrupled in October 2022 compared to the same period last year” (E).
- South Korean wireless telecommunications operator SK Telecom has announced the launch of a new social metaverse platform called “IFLand.” The project, which is now available in 49 countries and regions, will provide users with content based on K-culture (NFTG).
- Hyper-realistic metaverse builder Everdome showcased its innovative products at a recent Formula One event in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The team gave a taste of the company’s virtual reality (VR) offering at the Grand Prix. “As a believer in the technology, we believe it’s our role to help build the wider blockchain community,” Everdome COO Jeremy Lopez stated (BSCN).
More From the Blockchain
- Tech giant Amazon has ordered the production of a tv miniseries about the downfall of crypto exchange FTX. The company selected the “Russo Brothers” to produce the project. The Russo Brothers gained prominence in the movie industry for their work on the Avengers and Captain America franchises (DC).
- Web3 network Everscale announces last call for its ongoing Elysium online hackathon. Launched earlier this month, the event is set to end on the 28th of November. Basically, the developers are competing for a shot at the $43,000 prize pool (BIC).
- Cryptocurrency exchange OKX is one of the sponsors for the Financial Times’ “Crypto and Digital Asset Summit.” The event will take place on November 28 in London, and will feature experts from the field of crypto and finance (BF).
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our newsletter: Web3 Gaming News and Research