Adidas, Atari, and Red Bull are among the established brands that joined Web3-based projects in pushing the limits of blockchain technology today. Despite the bear market, Non-Fungible Token (NFT) collections and Play-to-Earn (P2E) games continue to thrive in the nascent space.
Majority of experts believe that Web3 games can save the struggling industry, and that isn’t actually far from the truth. Titles featured on our latest roundup include Aquanee, Chikn, Crabada, Eldarune, EtherOrcs, Kart Racing League, and Realms of Ethernity, and many more.
NFTs and metaverse platforms are also making moves with their recent developments. Projects that made some waves today include the Anotoys Collectiverse, Bored Ape Yacht Club, Digi Daigaku, and Sensorium Galaxy Metaverse, among others.
Let’s dive deeper into the colorful world of Web3.
- Adidas Originals, German apparel giant Adidas’ heritage line of casual and sportswear, launched a limited collection of “blockchain-based virtual wearables.” Basically, owners of the 16-piece NFT project can use the products for their metaverse avatars (FN).
- Top Formula One racing team Red Bull Racing plans to close the season with a “Lei the Lightning Azuki” artwork emblazoned on their cars’ livery. The featured art is part of the anime-inspired blue-chip NFT collection Azuki (CT).
- Electronic music producer 3LAU’s music NFT platform Royal has launched its much-awaited marketplace for music royalty rights. In 2021, the project received funding from venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase Ventures. In addition, artists that support the project include legendary rapper Nas and electronic music duo The Chainsmokers (DC).
- Team SoloMid (TSM), one of the most successful Esports organizations, halts its $210 million partnership with bankrupt crypto exchange FTX. The 99-time champions pulled out of the agreement after Sam Bankman-Fried’s platform’s catastrophic collapse (CD).
- Shantell Martin, a versatile British artist known for her large scale black-and-white drawings, is one of the featured talents on pioneer video game company Atari’s upcoming project. In celebration of the iconic brand’s 50th anniversary, 12 famous artists were invited to “reskin” classic arcade games from the corporation’s portfolio (AN).
- Web3 entertainment company Digital Entertainment Asset (DEA), the creators of NFT gaming platform PlayMining, has partnered with top Japanese content producer/broadcaster TV Tokyo Corporation. The collaboration aims to offer the public with Web3-based media (GNW).
- Autobattler idle game Crabada is set to release its Battle Game v1.1.5 update on November 21. The latest “balance updates” will cover factions and classes, equipment, as well as eye effects and pincer skills. The project will also hold a trivia contest to celebrate the game’s first anniversary (TW).
- Medieval fantasy MMORPG Eldarune has announced a new partnership with blockchain consultant IQ Zone and its launchpad/DeFi platform PlayPad. Basically, IQ Zone provides fast access to incubation, fundraising, and crypto marketing (TW).
- Move-to-Earn platform STEPN launched an in-app event called “Around the World – Sneaker Enhancement Special.” Kicking off on November 18, the new offering will give away sneaker skins representing 32 countries participating at the upcoming FIFA World Cup. Additionally, the contest will also give away a prize pool of 100,000 $GMT tokens (M).
- Vietnam-based game studio Wild Thunder has acquired the intellectual property (IP) rights to three well-known Web3 games. The company is set to develop the following titles: Realms of Ethernity, Kart Racing League, and Black Magic Network (CT).
- Web3 gaming protocol and world-building platform Heroic Story announced that it has raised $6 million in a seed funding round. The company plans to use the capital to expand the team and market its platform, as well as build on-chain technology for its MMORPG project (NFTG).
- Social crypto gaming platform Candy Club has integrated on the OKX Chain Ecosystem. The update will create more utilities for the project’s native token $OKC (CT).
- GameFi/breeding ecosystem Chikn Game is celebrating its first anniversary this month. To kick things off, the team has organized a “Chikn Birthday Party” on Twitter Spaces on November 20. Clint of the Chikn-dedicated show “Chikn Bokcast,” will host the show. Basically, the session will do a roundup on the project’s achievements for the past year (TW).
NFTs and Metaverse
- OpenSea CEO Devin Finzer expressed his belief that Web3 gaming can bring NFTs back to life after the recent FTX-triggered crash. OpenSea is currently the world’s largest digital asset marketplace. Essentially, NFTs serve as the core ingredient for all Web3 games in the space (TC).
- Philippine-based digital collectibles platform Anotoys Collectiverse announced a partnership with BAYCkada, a Filipino community of blue chip NFT collection Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) holders. The partnership launched its first ‘phygital’ merchandise featuring licensed Bored Apes and Mutant Apes artworks (MS).
- Web3 membership platform Project Venkman has partnered with crypto-based FinTech company Moon Pay to create its first-ever membership NFT collection. Dubbed the “Bill Murray 1,000,” the project offers perks, such as meet and greets with legendary comedian Bill Murray (BW).
- Metaverse and Web3 developer Sensorium has formed an alliance with Ethereum Layer-2 (L2) scaling solution Polygon. The creators of the Sensorium Galaxy Metaverse plan to leverage the ecosystem’s infrastructure to accelerate the development of the company’s Web3 projects (CT).
- Game company Limit Break has airdropped ‘Adventure Keys’ for Ether Orcs/Digi Daigaku for free. Digi Daigaku Genesis collectors were eligible for the giveaway. Ether Orcs is a fantasy game/ecosystem, and DigiDaigaku is an anime-inspired NFT collection created by Limit Break (TW).
- Aquanee: Aquanee is an ocean-inspired virtual world that offers the Aquanee game, a Decentralized Exchange (DEX), and an NFT marketplace. The collectible game allows players to hatch and train NFT pets called AQUA.
- Inworld AI: Inworld AI is a platform that allows developers to build advanced AI-driven virtual characters. Basically, players can use these creations for Web3 games, the metaverse, and other immersive experiences.
- Meta Engine: MetaEgine is an all-in-one platform that is designed for developing and publishing GameFi and metaverse apps. Essentially, the project offers a fully integrated set of all the needed technologies for Web3 content development.
- Web3Games: Web3Games is a blockchain gaming ecosystem that allows gamers to play various titles, while providing developers a way to integrate their products.
- Worldspark Studios: Worldspark Studios is an independent game dev studio dedicated to building multiplayer experiences. Moreover, the company is developing a hybrid World-as-a-Service (WaaS) and Games-as-a-Service (GaaS) studio that employs a P2E model.
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our newsletter: Web3 Gaming News and Research