As severe market conditions continue to afflict the lives of Web3 investors, game developers toil day and night to produce more promising projects. As a result, Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) have never taken a break in fulfilling their roles in the space.
Projects on various blockchain networks such as Avalanche, Ethereum, and Polygon, among others, made some significant moves today. Moreover, some of the Web3 games and NFT collections that created ripples in the scene include Attack Wagon, Benji Bananas, Bomb Crypto, Crabada, E4C: Final Salvation, and The Sandbox, to name a few.
Big names that made some waves on the blockchain include Blackpink, Dove, MTV, and Walt Disney. Let’s take a look at what’s keeping Web3 alive and well these days.
- Famous K-Pop girl group Blackpink won the first-ever ‘Best Metaverse Performance’ award at the recent 2022 MTV European Music Awards. The all-female outfit bested the likes of Justin Beiber, Harry Styles, and fellow South Korean phenomenon BTS (HB).
- International superstars Neymar, SonHeong-min, and Luis Figo will be featured in ‘Global Sports Experience’ on top metaverse title The Sandbox. The project is a collaboration between the popular virtual world platform and NFT community/sports fandom platform NFTSTAR (YF).
- Autobattler NFT game Crabada celebrated its first anniversary on November 13, 2022, with an in-game event. The team gave away Crystal Shells, Rubies, Dragnets, Spinach, and Guardian’s Bounties to qualifying players. To receive rewards, participants must engage in activities. such as competing in Arena matches, Crafting, and Mining/Looting, etc (TW).
- Blue chip NFT Cool Cats’ creators the ‘Cool Cats Group’ partnered with game publisher/developer Animoca Brands, and venture project OneFootball Labs. The collaboration unveiled a new collection of 4,000 soccer-inspired NFTs called “Cool Cats FC” (PRN).
Web3 Game Updates
- To celebrate Cool Cats FC’s NFT launch, adventure game Benji Bananas is giving away five allowlist spots for the collection. Benji Bananas is a Free-to-Play mobile game from Animoca Brands (TW).
- E4C: Final Salvation, a mobile MOBA game by Ambrus Studio (led by former-Riot Games APAC CEO Johnson Yeh), launched its EC4 Rangers NFT collection. The Gold Edition and the Rangers Edition sold out fast after minting went live (TW).
- Breeding game and ecosystem Chikn Game announced over the weekend its much-awaited “Eggnite” launch. The game integrated its first Eggnite partner “EdgyEggs,” a project which offers yield farming on AVAX (M).
- From November 18-20, participants of Ouroboros GameFi’s World Cup 2022 prediction contest can mint their entries as NFTs for free. Ouroboros is the latest project of Cookie Clicker-inspired Play-to-Earn (P2E) game Pizza Game (TW).
- Upcoming space adventure project Attack Wagon recently released several developer updates which focused on gaming and education. Basically, the recent progress covers Staking, Arcade, Manaheart, Scrap Guilds, and Marketing (M).
- Web3 MMORPG title Nine Chronicles has launched its Arena Championship 2, which will run from November 14-26. The tournament is giving away a prize pool of 200,000 $NCG tokens, as well as some new costumes (M).
- Arcade strategy project Bomb Crypto recently released “Bomberland, which the team states, is a “comprehensive upgrade” of the game. A download campaign from November 11-17 is giving away $125 to 25 lucky participants (M).
- Racing game Alpha League Racing wrapped up its “Bear Market Rally” tournament. The event featured 98 competitors recording 100 hours of playtime and 12,442 runs (TW).
- DeFi Kingdoms, an RPG project based on the Avalanche subnet DFK Chain, is set to relaunch DeFi Kingdoms: Serendale on the Klatyn network on November 26, 2022. Basically, the new version will also include updates on established features such as maps and non-player characters (NPCs) (TW).
- Soccer fever continues to spread as action NFT game Snake City teases a “World Cup-related event.” While the team has yet to divulge a specific kick-off date, they announced that the competition is giving away $10,000 in prizes (TW).
Around the Blockchain
- Indian blockchain platform Polygon’s on-going ‘Web3: Made in India Tour’ is making headlines with eight events happening across the country. The month-long initiative will conclude on December 1, 2022 in Bangalore, with the ‘Polygon Connect’ event (FI).
- The Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) 2022, which concluded on November 4, drew a record 62,000 participants from 115 countries. Already in its 7th edition, this year’s SFF also featured 850 guest speakers, 570 exhibitor booths, and 25 country pavilions (YF).
- Filipino educational technology platform Bitskwela is holding the “The Philippines’ First Web3 Debate” on November 16, 2022 at the upcoming Philippine Web3 Festival. The discourses will cover topics related to the blockchain including NFTs and the metaverse, among others (CG).
- Solana Spaces, a Web3-dedicated “phygital” store, learning and community space, is preparing for a 10-store expansion in 2023. In addition to its first store in Manhattan, New York, the shop will also venture out into London, Los Angeles, and New Delhi, among others (NFTE).
- Following the catastrophic collapse of FTX, digital asset market maker/Web3 investment firm DWF expressed its commitment to support the industry. The company offered affected companies and entrepreneurs with investments, loans, and liquidity provisions (PRN).
NFTs and Metaverse
- Entertainment giant the Walt Disney Company recently hosted its 2022 Disney Accelerator Demo Day, a program that focuses on showcasing companies involved in using innovative technology to create experiences. This year features entities specializing in areas such as NFTs, artificial intelligence (AI) virtual characters, and augmented reality (AR) (PRN).
- Management consulting company Deloitte revealed an optimistic outlook for Web3 in its latest report “The metaverse in Asia – strategies for accelerating economic impact.” Deloitte’s latest analysis stated that the space could contribute up to $1.4 trillion per year to Asia’s GDP by 2035 (CW).
- Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) APECoin DAO announced plans to fund NFT project Meebits’ community with 13,000 APECoin ($APE) tokens as microgrants. Meebits is a collection of 20,000 algorithm-generated 3D voxel characters (NFTE).
- Popular personal care brand Dove has launched an NFT project in Pakistan. Basically, the initiative utilizes Polygon blockchain-minted digital collectibles that will allow women to own NFTs and get the chance to have their damaged hair treated (CA).
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our newsletter: Web3 Gaming News and Research