Welcome to another edition of P2E Analytics’ Web3 Gaming Digest where we cover some of the most notable stories in the space.
Today’s Web3 headlines feature brands and entities such as Apple, Animoca Brands, Bandai Namco, BlockchainSpace, Digital Entertainment Asset, CoinGecko, GAP, Gundam, Roblox, Saltwater Games, and Yield Guild Games.
Blockchain ecosystems Avalanche, Ethereum, Harmony, Polygon, and Tezos, also came in strong recently as they nurture a plethora of projects on their networks. Most importantly, Web3 games and devs are making a lot of moves this week. Some of the titles that made progress as of late include AirspeederXR, Decentral Game, Decentraland, and DOGAMI, among others.
Here are some of the stories that shape Web3.
- Technology giant Apple has revealed plans to open its own ecosystem, as well as allow the installation of iOS apps from external sources. Web3 experts believe that this could benefit applications built around NFTs. In addition to that, the changes could also lead to crypto payments on Apple’s mobile devices (DC).
- Web3 game developer Animoca Brands, along with its educational social platform TinyTap, are launching the second version of their NFT collection. In essence, the project will feature Publisher NFTs authored by educators. Auctions for the new offering will take place on leading digital collectibles marketplace OpenSea on December 15, 2022 (UT).
- Philippine Web3 Festival co-hosts Yield Guild Games (YGG) and BlockchainSpace has donated PHP 1,000,000 (around $18,000) to Black Eye Peas’ rapper Alan Pineda’s Apl.de.Ap Foundation. The fund aims to support citizens in unlocking earning opportunities in Web3, as well as nurture the country’s creative industry (MB).
- Video game publisher Bandai Namco “Gundam Metaverse Project” recently made a few announcements. The project has introduced a new slate of streams for this month. Furthermore, Project Mellow, a dedicated AI in the Gundam Metaverse is giving away RX-78-2 Gundam Gunpla trial kits to lucky participants (ANN).
- Web3 entertainment company Digital Entertainment Asset (DEA) has raised $10 million from alternative investment group LDA Capital. The firm is best-known for operating NFT gaming platform PlayMining. According to its co-founder Naohito Yoshida, DEA have been “rapidly building out” their catalog of Play-and-Earn NFT games, which he claims is “now enjoyed by 2.6 million users” (DEA).
- Augmented reality (AR) pet NFT mobile game DOGAMI has completed its $14 million seed funding round, after securing $7 million from investors led by venture capital firm XAnge. According to reports, DOGAMI has already sold 12,000 dog avatar NFTS, along with NFTs 12,000 canine accessories. The recent release is part of a collaboration with clothing retail company GAP (CT).
- Web3 gaming platform BinaryX has launched a 220,000 $BNX ($12,733,600 as of this writing) “Cyber Incubation Fund.” The initiative aims to foster growth and adoption of blockchain games. Essentially, the company plans to use the capital for research, development, marketing, bug bounty, and many more (BIC).
- Game studio and technology ecosystem Saltwater Games has released a video teaser of its mixed-reality metaverse Celeros. The preview featured blockchain racing game AirspeederXR, which players can access through Salwater’s platform. The project is a partnership with UK-based electric flying car racing series Airspeeder (ITW).
- Cryptocurrency aggregator CoinGecko and metaverse project Decentral Game is kicking off its “Tominoya Takeover Party.” The event will run on Ethereum-based virtual world Decentraland on December 21. The team encouraged users to showcase their Gecko skin, and engage in various activities in the virtual world (TW).
- Web3-focused investment firm Morningstar Ventures is slated to open its first interactive digital art gallery at the Burj Daman Tower in Dubai. Dubbed “37xDubai,” the space aims to connect art and technology through education and community-building. Along with the curated digital art, the gallery will also offer educational programs and events (CS).
- NFT marketplace Miidas’ own collection dubbed the “Miidas on Core,” sold out all 10,000 digital collectibles in the span of 5 hours. Currently, the said token is available only to miners on the Core DAO testnet. Moreover, the team will release the NFTs upon the Core mainnet’s launch (BSCN).
- Singaporean Web3 and metaverse company Affyn has revealed the first batch of Land NFTs for its game NEXUS World. Launching on December 17, the project features 2,000 land NFTs based on actual locations in Singapore. “We are beyond excited for NEXUS World Landowners to experience the metaverse coming to life,” Affyn Founder & CEO Lucaz Lee said (BTC).
Into the Metaverse
- The Museum of Science, Boston has launched an immersive online education project called “Mission: Mars” on game creation platform Roblox. The metaverse-based experience allows participants to engage in the Engineering Design Process to create vehicles for navigation. Furthermore, they can also join exploration missions on the red planet (BW).
- Saudi Arabia-based Financial Technology (FinTech) company Geidea has partnered with business payment services and solutions Magnati. The joint project aims to help merchants provide smooth customer experiences in the metaverse marketplace Magnati MetaV. The virtual platform offers users with visual and sensory features as they engage in various activities such as shopping and attending events, among others (IBSI).
- Acclaimed steampunk title Sakura Wars creator Hiori Oji is involved in an upcoming Web3 game. According to sources, the game is called “Tokyo Taisen.” Along with Fortress 3 and Kingdom Under Fire: The Rise, the new title was announced at the recently concluded Creta Summit 2022 (SE).
- Chainz Arena: Chainz Arena is a cross platform game that combines idle, mining, and Role-Playing Games (RPG) elements. With this setup, the project’s gameplay allows ecosystems Ethereum, EOS, and Tron to battle in one arena. Basically, the title is a medieval-themed game that requires players to summon heroes and defend their kingdoms against demons.
- Gunfire Polygon: Action shooter game Gunfire Polygon is an NFT project that allows participants to assume the role of heroes. Using powerful guns, players must fight enemies and collect in-game items and rewards. The project started out on the Avalanche blockchain, and is now available on the Polygon network.
- Knights & Peasants: Knights & Peasants is a strategy game set in a medieval world. Built on the Harmony blockchain, the title’s player-driven economy grants gamers the option to complete quests and earn rewards. In addition, users are allowed to farm lands and build cities as well. Moreover, the project requires players to combine brave Knights and hard-working Peasants to expand their domain.
- MIND Games: MIND Games is an ecosystem of games that employs NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi) elements. Furthermore, the project is also a trading card game (TCG) that features 10 sets of 10 unique NFT cards, divided into different rarities.
- Tezotopia: Tezotopia is a Play-to-Earn (P2E) strategy game built on the Tezos blockchain. The project allows users to claim land parcels and gather resources with their NFTs. Essentially, Tezotopia is a gamified yield farming project with a futuristic world as a backdrop. Additionally, players can also engage in battles, as well as collect NFTs and loot boxes.
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our newsletter: Web3 Gaming News and Research