nft game image banner for Step App: The Future of FitFi

Step App: The Future of FitFi

Posted July 7, 2022 6:26 pm
2 min
By Jethro Sandico

Move-to-Earn (M2E) is the latest trend to hit the world of blockchain, with Step App prepping plans to revolutionize the industry by building the first ever Fitness Finance (FitFi) Metaverse.

In recent weeks, Step App, one of the latest M2E games to emerge in the space, is gaining more media attention, especially as it signed world champion athlete, Daniel Ritchie, to become one of its brand ambassadors.

The idea behind Step App is rather simple, as it incentivizes workouts by rewarding users with cryptocurrencies. The game currently runs on Avalanche Network, handed subnet support earlier this June.

Let’s break down how it works. 

For rewards distribution, Step App uses $KCAL, a native token that follows the same standards as Avalanche’s ARC-20. $KCAL is deflationary, with a limited supply of five billion. Players earn through the physical act of running, used to either buy SNEAK NFTs or stake them to earn more $KCAL. 

For the game’s governance token, Step App uses $FITFI. 

StepApp is an enjoyable way to earn rewards while staying fit and healthy. In the game, a player’s user avatar also grows as they accomplish certain quests. Gamers can also challenge their peers through Player-versus-Player (PvP) mode, paving the way for a more socially engaging aspect.

Other ways to earn in-game rewards in Step App:

  • Staking: Players can compete by staking governance tokens (with a 2.5% fee on the winning pool).
  • Tournaments: Join tournaments and get a chance to win unique avatar skins. Tournaments are ticketed events with 95% of sales going to the overall winning pool while the remaining 5% will be allotted for the game.
  • Register and Refer: After registering on StepApp, users are instantly rewarded with $FAT tokens and SNEAK NFTs. Players can also invite friends and family to earn more $FAT tokens through the game’s refer-and-earn feature.
  • Burning: Gamers can burn their collected $FAT tokens to earn $KCAL.

Before You Go…

Our GameFi hub provides gamers with analytics and insights needed to make informed decisions on their journeys. Also, you can visit our Discord server and Twitter account to keep the conversation going!

Disclaimer: The information provided on this page do not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the website's content as such. Individuals should do their own research before taking any actions related to the product they read about and carry full responsibility for their decisions.