Diversified 3D virtual world, SecondLive is an innovative metaverse project built on the Binance Smart Chain. The platform celebrated its 1-year anniversary on August 6, 2022, sparking a wave of activities, partnerships, and contests for this month.
Let’s take a dive and see what happened during the first half of August:
1st Year Anniversary
On August 6, SecondLive celebrated its first anniversary with special activities, while giving away prizes, and other gifts to its steadily growing community.
Here are the activities for SecondLive’s lengthy celebration:
- Voting Power Believer: SecondLive’s top 100 VP owners were rewarded with 1st Year Anniversary Edition VP Believer NFT badges.
- Community Contributor: Selected community “OGs,” and contributors with special roles in the SecondLive’s Discord server, were rewarded with 1st Year Anniversary Edition Community Contributor NFT badges.
- Community Activist: The most active participants in SecondLive’s Discord and Telegram groups a week before the anniversary were rewarded with 1st Year Anniversary Edition Community Activist NFT badges.
- Gifts for New Users: From August 5-10, newcomers were given the chance to become one of the 300 lucky winners to receive an NFT Cake, by retweeting SecondLive’s 1-year summary on Twitter.
- Annual Lucky Fellow: Participants got the chance to win 1,000 $LIVE by staking 10 $BEAN tokens from August 5-12. Only one winner was selected, and the staked $BEAN were burned as part of the process.
- Your Story with SecondLive: Supporters were tasked to share their experiences in SecondLive and participate in a lucky draw to win more $BEAN rewards.
On August 10, the team announced an art gallery decorating contest. From August 10-18, gallery owners are invited to bring Ethereum or BNB Chain NFTs to help enhance SecondLive’s Private Art Gallery, and get a chance to win a portion of the $1,000 prize pool.
- BetFury: Crypto casino BetFury partnered with SecondLive to kick off the month of August with a Uniform Design Competition.
- BitKeep OS: On August 2, multi-chain crypto wallet BitKeep announced its integration with SecondLive, joining the likes of crypto wallets MetaMask, Trust Wallet, and Wallet Connect, among others.
- MetaApes :On August 5, Free-to-Play-to-Earn game Meta Apes, announced the second segment of their collaboration with SecondLive. The partnership gave away 600 Outfit NFTs until August 11, 2022, as part of the Mystery Box Campaign.
- Venus Protocol: On August 4, decentralized lending platform Venus Protocol partnered with SecondLive to take part in a Mystery Box Campaign, giving away Venus Outfit NFTs to the top 20 lucky winners.
The team teased an additional interactive stage feature for patrons to show off their talents. Along with the August 8 announcement, SecondLive also shared a 3D animation video of two avatars engaging in a Dance Battle, with energetic J-Pop music blaring in the background.
What is SecondLive?
SecondLive is a multifaceted multiverse combining elements of life-simulation games, while allowing users to build social networks and take part in various activities such as shopping or hanging out with friends.
Among the highlights of SecondLive is the Marketplace where participants can shop for items such as clothing and accessories, as well as the Spaces where virtual events such as art exhibits and music performances can be held.