SEC Responds to Coinbase, G7 Debate CBDCs, Trump NFTs Surge
These are the stories that shape Web3,
- Coinbase: The SEC’s calls Coinbase’s suit over digital asset rules petition ‘baseless,’ saying the digital asset industry already has rules and regulations governing it (B).
- BTC: There are now 1 million wallets that hold 1 BTC or more according to Glassnode (CT).
- G7: Leaders from the U.S., U.K., Japan and three EU countries will debate new CBDC policy this week (BIC).
- MiCA: The EU unanimously approves MiCA which sets up crypto regulation and taxation rules (DC).
- Paradise Tycoon’s Alpha Snapshot 5 is live. The update includes new content, rewards and a new world of farming and building (TW).
- Rumble Kong League drafts a slew of new updates in their game design document, including action bar, action mode, rumble mode, and more (TW).
- Synergyland, an upcoming RPG has opened up its $SNG token IDO on Seedify launchpad (SF).
- AnotherBlock: Web3 music startup AnotherBlock has announced a €4 million funding round led by the UK-based venture capital firm Stride.VC (NG).
- Trump NFTs exceed $9M in 90-day sales volume after Series Two launch (NG).
- Jack Butcher is launching a a generative art collection featuring both physical and digital components that will be displayed and auctioned at Christie’s later this week (DC).
Into the Metaverse
- Sandbox co-founder Sebastien Borget made the case that digitally-bound assets should get the same treatment as any other type of property (CT).
- Super League Gaming, which operates a network of metaverse games, has raised $23.8 million from selling convertible preferred stock (NG).
- Apple: Metaverse tokens could be set to fly as Apple is scheduled to release its highly-anticipated mixed-reality headset in the coming weeks (CT).
- Atlendis: Uncollateralized lending protocol Atlendis is launching its V2 and is onboarding publicly-traded fintech Banxa as a new borrowing partner (DC).
- Lido: Liquid staking Leader Lido Upgrades to Second Version on Ethereum. Users can now unstake their stETH and receive ETh at a 1:1 ratio (CD).
- DeFi Yields: Though the 10-year US Treasury yield increased by four basis points on Monday, DeFi is still offering attractive alternatives (BW).