Upcoming AAA sci-fi game Pulsar’s Genesis Unit Non-Fungible Token (NFT) minting went live on September 29, 2022.
Following the release of Genesis Land on September 21, the game dropped the much-awaited $PLSR Mining Units on Pulsar’s official website. The NFTs will grant holders access to the Miners Game Launch, which is set for release on October 15.
Slated for release on the 1st of October are the Genesis Unit Packs. This next batch of NFTs will include Spider Tanks, Resource Miners, and Resource Refineries.
$PLSR Mining Units
Mining Units are essential to building an empire in Pulsar. These assets allow players to extract the in-game token $PLSR, as well as refine raw materials and craft buildings and units. Using Miners, participants can mine resources and process them using Refineries and turn them into $PLSR.
Here are the four types of Genesis Units (users can acquire a maximum of ten pieces per unit):
- Genesis Mothership: A Genesis Mothership mines and stores raw materials. It also adds 5% CPU power. Players can purchase a mothership for $100 each.
- $PLSR Miner: A $PLSR Miner extracts raw $PLSR and adds 5% movement speed. One Miner costs $200.
- $PLSR Refinery: Adding 5% Efficiency, a $PLSR Refinery is designed to refine $PLSR and other raw materials. Participants can acquire a refinery for $500.
- Mobile Depot: A Mobile Depot is a “universal container” that players can use to move and transport Materials and Units. One depot is worth $50.
Players who wish to mint Pulsar NFTs can use any Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)-compatible tokens. This includes $AVAX, $BNB, $ETH, $FTM, $MATIC and $ONE. Along with the aforementioned cryptocurrencies, participants also need to obtain a Mint Pass.
Mint Pass NFTs went live from September 14-21. Basically, Mint Passes act as vouchers that players can mint and redeem for Land, Unit, and Buildings. Owners can maximize the value of their pass through their purchases. Moreover, they can also enjoy discounts for Genesis NFTs, or other bonus items such as in-game skins.
The Mint Passes are categorized into several tiers with Cadet as the lowest, and Admiral as the highest. Each class will possess varying cost/redemption value, discount, and duration of early access to the upcoming NFT drop. The highest tiers also grants holders with more perks. Additionally, the 10% discount will remain effective for all future mints.
Below are the different Mint Pass tiers and their benefits:
- Cadet: Cost/redemption value is $250 with a 3% mint discount, and 5 minutes of early access to the drop.
- Lieutenant: Cost/redemption value is $500, with a 5% mint discount, and 15 minutes of early access to the drop.
- Commander: Cost/redemption value is $1,500, with a 10% mint discount, and 45 minutes of early access to the drop.
- Captain: Cost/redemption value is $2,500, with a 15% mint discount, 1 hour of early access to the drop, and a bonus skin.
- Admiral: Cost/redemption value is $10,000, with a 20% mint discount, and 6 hours of early access to the drop. Admiral tier also grants holders a bonus skin, as well as an exclusive in-game unit.
Pulsar is an upcoming space-themed AAA project on the Avalanche blockchain. The game combines elements of Real-Time Strategy (RTS) with Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
Essentially, the game is inspired by iconic strategy games such as Command & Conquer and StarCraft. Moreover, Pulsar leverages Web3 gaming technology with its implementation of Free-to-Play and Play-to-Own models (click here to read about the difference between P2E and P2O).
In Pulsar, players can own NFTs of Land, Buildings, and Units. Owners can use the assets to extract, refine resources, and earn the in-game currency $PLSR.
$PLSR is the primary currency and the most important resource in Pulsar. The extraction rate of the token is affected by the number of miners participating and the level that they are in. Along with $PLSR, the game also features other resources that players can loot from slain aliens.
Participants can refine these on-chain tokens and utilize them for crafting NFTs. Additionally, owners can also trade the digital assets on the marketplace.