Non-Fungible Token (NFT) collection Neo Tokyo is one of the most intriguing projects in the world of blockchain today. Combining the popularity of its founders, along with the game’s enigmatic mode of operation, Neo Tokyo has cultivated a solid following since its inception in October 2021.
Let’s take a look at what’s new on Neo Tokyo this August:
Neo Tokyo Store
On August 11, the team announced the opening of the Neo Tokyo Store where Citizens can “explore in Shibuya” style and purchase merchandise such as t-shirts, headwear, digital art, etc.
“Look out for custom, limited availability collection drops over the next couple months,” the team Tweeted.
On August 16, tokenized investment fund Citizen Capital announced the introduction of Investment 003, which, according to the Neo Tokyo team, “will be tokens in a fantasy, idle, massively-multiplayer online role-playing game.”
Holders of Citizen NFTs and stakers of the game’s official token $BYTES are eligible to receive raffle tickets and get a chance to win a share of the investment. Winners are allowed to invest a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $1,000 (in USDC).
What is Neo Tokyo?
Created by popular crypto influencers, Alex Becker and EllioTrades. The Ethereum-based NFT project is a membership networking group for “high-value people” in the industry. There are two ways to join: 1) purchase an S1 or S2 Citizen on OpenSea or use the project’s mint functionality that involves coding and burning $BYTES.
Drawing influence from the 80s sci-fi anime film of the same title, the project consists of 2,018 identities and 2,500 vault cards. Citizens can buy, sell, & trade NFTs on the marketplace to increase yield, rarity, or status.
With the exception of Citizens, the NFTs are currently presented as codes. This is intended to filter out the less committed participants, and reward those who understand the purpose of the swath of computer language embedded in each piece.
Here are the types of NFTs that can be obtained in Neo Tokyo, including the prices as of August 16, 2022:
- Citizens: Images of weapon-wielding Neo Tokyo Citizens are priced at 6.38 $ETH ($12,045) to 200 $ETH ($377,590 USD), per OpenSea.
- Identity: Identities are the characters that represent its holders in Neo Tokyo. These avatars come in varying genders, class, as well as traits and abilities. The price of Identities are listed at 4.9 $ETH ($9,259.97) to 9.9 $ETH ($1,8708.92), per OpenSea.
- Vaults: Neo Tokyo’s Vault Boxes are like bank accounts where wealth and valuable items can be stored safely. Vaults are listed at 0.989 $ETH ($1,869.00) to 30 $ETH ($56,693.70), per OpenSea.
- Items: Item caches in the game contain valuable objects such as clothing, autos, helms, and weapons. Items are listed at 0.57 $ETH ($1,077.18) to 17 $ETH ($32,126.43), per OpenSea.
- Land: Holders can own land parcels that are scattered over Neo Tokyo’s map. Land deeds are listed at 2.14 $ETH ($4,044.15) to 28 $ETH ($52,914), per OpenSea.