Play-to-Earn game Delysium launched “The World’s First Playable White Paper” on September 26, 2022. The release features a cyberpunk style pixel world with Non-Player Characters (NPCs), dishing out exclusive game info.
“Excited to launch The World’s 1st Playable Whitepaper! Dive into a pixel universe and be the @edgerunners in @The_Delysium with a neon-filled lifestyle. Talk with #AI MetaBeings and learn more about #Delysium Multiverse. Turn on the dope VOICE!!” the team tweeted.
Gamified White Paper
Upon entering the playable white paper, players are greeted with 8-bit synthwave music along with a neon-filled pixel city. Giving out hints of tech-noir films such as Blade Runner, the project’s retro design evokes nostalgia as well.
The white paper allows readers to interact through a rifle-wielding protagonist. Players can control the character using their keyboard. Artificial intelligence (AI) characters loiter around the streets giving out information. Some of them have Web3-inspired names such as Meta-Stephenson, Alan Burning, and Vitalik Butter.
However, if you are in a hurry, you may skip (or leap by pressing spacebar) the socializing part and head straight to the white paper itself.
Contents of White Paper
Upon reaching the “Jewelers” section of the mini-game, players will spot an ATM machine with arrows pointing to the words “White Paper.” Heading over to it and pressing E on the keyboard, will reveal a comprehensive document about Delysium.
The white paper tackles the following topics about the game:
- Game and Experience: The first part of the writeup provides details of the gameplay offered in Delysium. Players can enjoy the game’s open world as well the possibility of creating User-Generated Content (UGC). In addition to that, participants can engage in social networking and team battles with Delysium’s Massively Multiplayer online (MMO) features.
- Decentralized Game Publishing: The team wrote a lengthy explanation on the benefits of having a decentralized Web3 game publishing system. Furthermore, the paper mentioned the concept of Game-as-a-Service (GaaS), which aims to continuously provide experiences for the players. The new model is a departure from the “one-time purchase” system that is prevalent in traditional video games.
- Multiverse Operator: Delysium offers an AI-powered open world with “diverse Free-to-Own universes” (universes form the Delysium Multiverse). The free-mint NFTs come in limited amounts, and a Delysium Multiverse Operator (DMO) will run each of them. Basically, DMOs have several privileges including customized in-game assets and other on-chain incentives, to name a few.
- Multiverse Accelerator: Participants can stake $DES tokens to vote and support for Delysium Multiverse Operators. Stakers will receive incentives derived from the DMOs’ revenue share. A Delysium Multiverse Accelarator (DMA) gives players more voting powers.
- MetaBeings: AI MetaBeings also have private property rights. They can own assets, participate in games, and even earn income. Their ability to consume and invest will contribute to the ecosystem’s prosperity.
- Tokenomics: Delysium plans to deploy the native token $DES. The team will build it on the Ethereum blockchain, and it will have a fixed supply of 3 billion tokens. According to the white paper, “$DES will be used to align, rather than separate governors, players, investors, and content creators, thereby consolidating as much platform value as possible into one token.”
- Roadmap: The team plans to launch the Delysium Multiverse and Decentralized Game Publishing in September. They will also release the Alpha Test and Demo Universe in October. 2023 will see the launch of the Delysium Multiverse Operators, and the Beta Test.
- Builders: The Delysium team is composed of industry veterans who have worked with some of the most prominent companies. This includes entities such as Riot China, EA, Ubisoft, Kabam, and Scopely, among others. Supporters include Web3-focused entities such as Anthos Capital, FTX Ventures, Immutable, and Republic Crypto, to name a few.
Delysium is a AAA futuristic sci-fi game, set in an open-world environment. Built on the Binance Smart Chain, the game also combines elements of Play-to-Earn (P2E) and First-Person Shooter (FPS). Basically, players will take the role of a Vanguard in the year 2045, where humans are at war against the digital realm.
With options to play as a MetaBeing or a human, users are allowed to engage in PvE and PvP gameplay modes. Throughout the game, they will find items such as equipment, tokens, resources, and other NFTs. Delysium is a dynamic project with various opportunities for exploration and competition. Furthermore, players can also invest in assets such as virtual real estate, which is a reliable source of passive income in the game.
On September 23, Delysium announced a partnership with NFT marketplace Rarible to launch UniX Suit NFT. The project is a collaboration with multi-chain launchpad Unix Gaming. Eventually, the collection was released on September 25, with all two thousand pieces selling out within 24 hours.
As of this writing, the UniX Suit has a total volume of 150.75 $ETH ($208,592.77), with a floor price of 0.075 $ETH ($103.78). The highest-priced piece costs 1.11 $ETH ($1535.91), per Rarible.