2022 has been a busy year for sci-fi AAA Web3 game, Delysium, It’s one of the latest titles to emerge on the Polygon network. After launching the pre-Alpha testing phase back in May, the team maintained momentum by putting in more effort in the following months to improve the game, as well as establish partnerships, and nurture its growing community.
In this article, we discuss the latest events and partnerships that were developed, as well as a high-level overview of the game.
Skin in the Game Vietnam
Delysium hyped things up in Vietnam on August 3rd, at an event dubbed “Skin in the Game,” which gathered Web2 and Web3 gaming guilds such as Ancient8, Djinn Guild, K.O. Guild, and Yield Guild Games.
Organized by Play-to-Earn gaming guild Mad Monkey Guild (MMG), the 3-hour party gave players the chance to meet the team and ask questions, as well as play the game and share feedback.
“I was impressed by the variety of game items and creative Battle Royale gameplay. Particularly Love AI Pet that can play for me when we sleep. I’m an FPS player and have played plenty of traditional FPS games. I would say that Delysium bridges the web2-web3 gap seamlessly.” said K, a player from Mad Monkey Guild.
Partnerships and Giveaways
- Sipher Collab Giveaway: On August 2nd, the team partnered with sci-fi fantasy game Sipherand gave away 10 whitelist spots for Delysium Gameplay Test Access.
- Crypto Shots Collab Giveaway: On August 5th, Delysium partnered with First Person Shooter (FPS) game Crypto Shots to give away over $200 of NFT prizes, along with passes for the pre-Alpha, among others.
- Gleam Campaign with Azra Games: Following the AMA with Azra Games, Delysium launched a “Gleam Campaign”’ on August 8th to celebrate the partnership. The campaign gave away Legions & Legends NFT whitelists, as well as Delysium pre-Alpha access and Common Rifle NFTs.
The team graced a string of Ask me Anything (AMA) sessions to discuss the game.
- BitMetis Roundtable: On August 1st, Delysium joined a Roundtable on Twitter Spaces titled “How To Be The Most Promising Topnotch Gamefi Project?”
- AMA with Azra Games: On August 4th, Delysium discussed Web3 gaming with partner Azra Games, the creator of mobile collectible Role-Playing Game (RPG) Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.
- Twitter Space Chat with CryptoStache: Delysium joined P2E and NFT enthusiast/influencer Crypto Stache’s Twitter Space on August 11th.
NFT NYC Cruise Party
Delysium hosted a cruise part on June 23rd. They set sail on the Hudson River in NYC for an event themed “interoperability is the new freedom.” Thousands of people registered and 300 were confirmed. Confirmed guests received a limited-edition souvenir NFT.
What is Delysium?
Combining elements of Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) and User Generated Content (UGC) games, Delysium is aiming to create a AAA blockchain game.
In Delysium’s cyberpunk-inspired open world, players can acquire AI-powered characters known as “MetaBeings,” and use them to engage in various game modes. By accomplishing quests and winning in battles, players are rewarded with tokens, NFTs, and other in-game resources that can be sold in the marketplace, or used for crafting and upgrades.
Players are granted a high degree of freedom and flexibility towards handling game assets including MetaBeings, cyberbody, vehicles, weapons, etc. Through crafting and trading, these valuable items can be equipped, combined, and upgraded. Additionally, Delysium players can also easily create their own “narrative assets,” which includes missions and storylines, among others.
The invitation-only pre-Alpha, which commenced on May 1, provided slots for 5,000 professional Web2 and Web3 gamers. Meanwhile, the Beta test is expected to launch by the end of 2022.
Delysium has its own NFT Marketplace where players can conveniently shop for Collectibles and Weapons, and soon: Suits, Cyberbodies, and Battle Passes. Currently, the Marketplace supports MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet, and WalletConnect. Items are priced in USDC.
Delysium is an up-and-coming AAA title that is worth keeping an eye on. The team’s background includes experience in large tech companies such as Amazon and game studios such as Riot Games, so they seem to have the experience to pull this off. Don’t miss the Beta launch that’s slotted for 4Q22.