CV Summit, dubbed as “Switzerland’s flagship blockchain and Web3 event,” is happening from September 14-15 in Zug, Switzerland. The conference will facilitate “high-level discourse,” as well as showcase the world-class capabilities of the Swiss blockchain ecosystem.
Switzerland is considered by many as one of the best places to nurture blockchain and Web3 technology. In 2018, Swiss banks became the first in the world to offer business accounts to crypto companies. The following year, the country awarded a banking license to Sygnum, the first crypto bank in the world.
Here’s what we’ve learned about the upcoming event.
The conference aims to bring together “investors, corporates, and high-profile individuals” to participate in discourse about the nascent technology. The summit will touch on topics concerning blockchain’s application to art, culture, business, healthcare, and government.
This year’s CV Summit features five different zones that participants can explore. Furthermore, industry professionals will share their expertise via Keynotes, Panels, and Fireside Chats.
- Zone 1 – The NFT Gallery: The NFT Gallery will showcase digital art pieces by the likes of Dirk Koy, Hannes Schmid, Philipp Schaerer, and Jani Leinonen (creator of the ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ series).
- Zone 2 – The Metaverse Zone: The zone offers attendees immersive experiences in the Metaverse.
- Zone 3 – The Partner & Web 3.0 Talent Hub: A hub dedicated to spreading knowledge about jobs and career opportunities in Web3. Experts will be offering participants advice and insights into the industry for a fee (student tickets for $25).
- Zone 4 – The Startup Zone: Guest blockchain startup founders will grace Zone 4 and share stories about the industry’s challenges.
- Zone 5 – The Networking Lounge: The Networking Lounge is a rendezvous spot for the community to connect and expand their network.
The summit offers keynote addresses featuring speakers such as Google Cloud Head of Financial Services & Web3 (EMEA region) Daniël Rood, YOM (Your Open Metaverse) Co-Founder and CEO Alex van der Baan, and MetaverseTalks Co-Founder and Chairman David Bundi, to name a few.
The keynotes include topics about google and Web3, the state of (Non-Fungible Token) NFT markets, digital asset utility, physical world tokenization, and the metaverse, among others.
While CV Summit does not have a presentation dedicated to blockchain gaming, the programming includes a significant amount of NFT-related content. NFTs are the core of virtually all Web3 games and they drive most of the in-game activities on the blockchain.
Panels featuring top industry professionals will deliver some blockchain and Web3 know-how at CV Summit. This year, the likes of Cointelegraph Kristina Lucrecia Corner, Sygnum Bank Head of Business Units Thomas Eichenberger, and Crypto Finance Head of Institutional Sales Stephanie Hurry, will speak at the conference
One of the panels titled “The Future is Phygital, NFTs, and Real Assets,” features a five-person lineup composed of professionals from Web3-focused entities such as YOM, Faith Tribe DAO, CasperLabs, ArtMeta, and LCX.
CV Summit also features Fireside Chats that will tackle a host of topics. GameFi and NFT adherents who wish to expand their knowledge about the space might find the following topics interesting:
- Dynamic NFTs and Compliant DeFi
- The Metaverse, Why Smart Regulation Matters?
- Investing in Tokenized Commodities
- Smart Money in the Market. VCs Perspective and Strategies for Investing in Blockchain Tech
The Fireside Chats have invited speakers such as Web3 Foundation CEO Bertrand Perez, The Spartan Group Director Leeor Groen, and Citi Ventures Director for blockchain and digital assets Alexander Kech, to name a few.