Play-to-Earn auto battler/idle game Crabada is one of few titles that has maintained a vibrant environment for its loyal players in 2022. The team behind the Non-Fungible Token (NFT)-based game consistently holds tournaments and gives away loads of prizes.
An exciting week awaits as Crabada players prepare for the 12th Weekly Arena Challenge which will run from September 19-25. The team is also getting ready to represent the game in the upcoming blockchain conference “Buidl Vietnam.” The event is happening from September 24-25, in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Let’s take a deeper look into this week’s activities.
The weekly Crabada Arena Challenge introduces new mechanics and rules every installment. Here are the changes for week 12:
1. Level Cap
Players will join Arena battles with a maximum of level 60.
2. More Skills Blz
Players with an Arena team that has 2 or more Crabadas with duplicate Pincer Skills or Eye Effects will incur stat penalties of -25% HP and -25% Damage (per Crabada).
All Crabadas will battle at 2x Speed Stat.
4. Eye Effects
All Eye Effects will have a 3x increased percent chance of triggering, except for: Shield (1x), Stun (1x), Freeze (1x), and Invincibility (capped at 20% chance).
5. Arena Point (AP) Tiers
Starting in week 10, tiers split the players depending on the amount of AP on their inventory. The system deducts varying amounts from a defeated player’s points. Here are the different tiers with their corresponding points and base AP deduction amount:
- Copper Tier (AP is less than 1400): No AP deduction when a player loses.
- Bronze Tier (AP is greater than or equal to 1400, and less than 1600): Subtracts 25% of base AP deduction amount from defeated player.
- Silver Tier (AP is greater than or equal to 1600 and less than 1800): Subtracts 50% of base AP deduction amount from defeated player.
- Gold Tier (AP is greater than or equal to 1800 and less than 2000): Subtracts 75% of base AP deduction amount from defeated player.
- Diamond Tier (AP is greater than or equal to 2000): Subtracts 100% of base AP deduction amount from defeated player.
6. Points and Rewards
Crabada introduced Legend Equipment Boxes in Arena Rewards. For more details, refer to the table below:
Equipment acquired from the boxes have a set expiry date (except for those forged using Materials). The equipment’s shelf life depends on its rarity, as stated below:
- Legend Box: Expires in 3 days
- Epic Box: Expires in 7 days
- Rare Box: Expires in 7 days
- Normal Box: Expires in 7 days
Buidl Vietnam is part of the broader “Buidl Asia” conference, an event focused on highlighting crypto-based technologies. The forum will run from September 24-25, at the Independence (Unification) Place in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Build Asia, which had a successful run in Seoul in August, has chosen the ASEAN nation as the next destination. Buidl Vietnam tapped various industry experts to share their knowledge on the space. Crabada product manager Rony Le is slated to grace the event alongside other speakers such Breed DAO CEO Renz Chong, Ethereum Foundation ecosystem developer Dustin Lau, and The Swimmer Network blockchain lead Tung Hoang, among others
Crabada is an Avalanche-based Play-and-Earn idle game that utilizes hermit crab NFTs called “Crabadas.” Players can obtain the Crabadas through the in-game marketplace and use them to battle, mine, loot, and breed.
Crabada is one of this year’s top games on the Avalanche network. As of this writing the game has an all-time sales of 5,696,861,896 $TUS ($1,298,314.82) and 759,421,160 $TUS ($173,072.08) for the past 30 days (per P2E Analytics).
The game’s assets include the NFTs, along with tokens $CRA and $TUS (click here to read more about the game’s tokenomics). Below are the most recent prices for the game’s assets:
- Crabada NFTs: As of this writing, a crab NFT is priced for as low as 16,000 $TUS ($3.80), and as high as 20,000,000 $TUS ($4,746), per Crabada Marketplace.
- $CRA: The game’s governance token, which is acquired via gameplay and staking. As of this writing $CRA is trading at $0.01436, with a $2,613,762 market cap, and a 24-hour volume of $67,953 (per CoinMarketCap).
- $TUS: An in-game currency that players can earn via gameplay or purchased through a Decentralized Exchange (DEX). As of this writing, $TUS is trading at $0.0002374, with a $344,125 market cap, and a 24-hour volume of $45,141 (per CoinMarketCap).