Welcome to P2E Analytics’ daily Web3 digest where we highlight blockchain games, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and the metaverse.
Here are the stories that shape Web3.
- TSM/Avalanche: Professional eSports organization TSM and its gaming platform Blitz has named the Avalanche network as an “exclusive blockchain partner.” The team-up will allow TSM to utilize Ava Labs’ all-in-one Web3 command center Core for a host of services. This includes storing, selling, and buying digital assets, as well as handling user payments. Moreover, Blitz also plans to launch a dedicated ‘Blitz Subnet’ on the ecosystem (BW).
- Candy Digital: NFT company Candy Digital is launching a photo collection with visual media firm Getty Images. The project will showcase photographs of music icons such as Elvis Presley, James Brown, and Jimi Hendrix – all curated from Getty’s expansive archive. Other well-known brands that Candy Digital has worked with in the past include Major League Baseball (MLB), Netflix, and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) (DC).
- Orange Comet: NFT production and promotion company Orange Comet, in conjunction with movie theater chain AMC, has released the much-awaited digital collectible project “The Mayfair Witches Pass.” The collection is based on the TV adaptation of author Anne Rice’s supernatural/horror novel Mayfair Witches. Consisting of 6,667 NFTs, the project grants holders exclusive perks including access to the ‘Immortal Universe of Anne Rice,’ (BIC).
- E4E/Axie Week: eSports for Everyone (E4E) has announced the upcoming launch of the Sky Mavis-sponsored Axie Week. The 4-day event will focus on E4E Minors, a tournament for players of play-to-earn (P2E) game Axie Infinity. Thousands of gamers have joined the online qualifiers since November last year. From March 9-12, the finalists will face off in Vietnam, to vie for a portion of the $100,000 prize pool (CS).
- Illuvium: Illuvium Game Studio has launched a new collectible card game called Illuvium: Beyond. “Discover the most intricate #NFT collection game, and begin a new adventure in the Illuvium Universe!” the team tweeted. The project is the fourth title in the Illuvium series. ‘Beyond’ allows players to collect NFTs of characters, which they can use to compete or accomplish missions and earn points (TD).
- Mysten Labs/Metagame Industries: Web3 infrastructure company Mysten Labs has formed a partnership with blockchain gaming ecosystem Metagame Industries. The collaboration will focus on building role-playing game (RPG) Abyss World on the Sui layer-1 (L1) blockchain. Currently, the open-world dark fantasy title enjoys support from AMD, IGN, and Microsoft (BW).
- Redemption Games: Mobile games studio Redemption Games has spun out of marketing and monetization platform AppLovin. In addition, the company has also raised $7 million in a seed funding round led by Play Ventures. As an independent entity, Redemption Games’ aims to explore Web3 and other related technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and digital collectibles (VB).
- LifeForce Games: Web3 game dev studio LifeForce Games has announced the upcoming launch of its “no-code drag-and-drop” Game Generator. The platform enables users to create games without relying on any programming skills. “As gamers, we’ve all had dreams of building our own games, especially ones we could play with our friends,” LifeForce co-CEO Ryan Inman stated (PRN).
- Battle For Giostone: Avalanche-powered multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game Battle For Giostone has announced a new tournament. “The drums of war are sounding!” the team tweeted. The competition was organized in cooperation with BluMint, a platform for purchasing and selling Web3 game assets. Running from March 11-12, the event will give away a $1,000 prize pool (TW).
- Tensor: Solana-dedicated NFT trading platform Tensor has raised $3 million in a seed funding round led by Placeholder. Other investors that backed the project include Solana Ventures, Alliance DAO, and Big Brain Holdings. Also joining the round are Solana blockchain co-founders Anatoly Yakovenko and Raj Gokal. “We’re essentially trying to define the next meta for Solana NFTs,” Tensor co-founder Richard Wu stated (TC).
- Claire Silver: AI NFT artist Claire Silver will debut her latest collection on the 21st of March at the Louvre Museum in Paris, France. Titled “can i tell you a secret,” the project is described as an “autobiographical series of 100 post-photography pieces created with AI.” Additionally, Silver is also releasing a one-of-one NFT artwork called “Love in the 4th Turning” (CD).
- Blockasset: Athlete-verified NFT and token ecosystem Blockasset has announced its expansion to Chiliz Chain 2.0. The L1 blockchain is developed by sports-focused Web3 infrastructure provider Chiliz. In addition, the Solana-built project will receive an equity investment from Chiliz, which also owns fan token and rewards platform Socios. Over 40 athletes – including football star Wayne Rooney and UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal – are offering NFTs through Blockasset (DC).
Into the Metaverse
- The Sandbox: Metaverse platform The Sandbox is kicking off its ‘March Festival’ event which will run from March 8 to April 4. The meta-event will reward participants with $SAND tokens, NFTs, memorabilia, and Mystery Boxes. Participants are tasked to complete 300 quests for the entire month for more chances of winning. Additionally, LAND and Avatar owners also qualify to receive exclusive rewards (SBG).
- Netmarble: Mobile game developer Netmarble has announced the pre-registration for its metaverse board game Meta World: My City. The Web3 project features virtual real estate and building investment as part of the gameplay. Meta World is the sequel to Let’s Get Rich, an adaptation of classic title Monopoly that has amassed over 200 million players since its release (YF).
- Advokate Group/MetaGaia: Web3 technology company Advokate Group has announced a launch party for its virtual world platform MetaGaia Metaverse. The launch party will present four activities and scenes. MetaGaia utilizes a ChatGPT-powered oracle, while offering avenues for users to explore, play games, and socialize. Additionally, the platform also provides users the option to engage with AI-powered furry pet companions (YF).