Ava Labs’ main goal is to “help fellow developers shape the future of Web3,” the company said in an article published on its official Medium account. Subnets are the preferred scaling solution for blockchain game devs as it expands the library of resources for projects through an easier process.
After a contestant’s work undergoes critique and revision, they will be qualified to receive a cash prize of $1,000 for every tutorial piece. Final winners bag as much as $2,000-$5,000, depending on the topic’s level of difficulty. The company looks to also give special recognition to winners via social media and the AVAX community.
Ava Labs’ criteria for judging includes accuracy, correctness, creativity, originality, and simplicity. The tutorials must also be easy to understand, effective, and practical to implement touching on topics such as deploying Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), creating private subnets, and extending subnet EVMs, to name a few.
The contest contains two rounds with the first running from June 6th to July 5th (11:59PM ET), while the second is set for commencement on July 14th and ends on July 22nd (11:59PM ET).
Anyone is eligible to join the Subnet Tutorial Contest as long as they follow the official rules:
- General programming knowledge is essential.
- Each submission should act as stand-alone tutorials.
- The tutorials must clearly explain the process step-by-step.
- Developers must have a “complete loop” understanding of how to repeat the steps when following your tutorial.
- The steps need to include code examples that can be reused.
- Newly-introduced terms require accurate definition.
How to Join
- Choose a tutorial topic from Ava Labs announcement on Medium.
- Tutorials must be in long form, formatted in Markdown and submitted as a link to the GitHub archive. Submissions must also include an intro, a main body and a conclusion. Code blocks, demo videos headings, illustrations and tables are encouraged.
- You may also use links to existing Avalanche tutorials, as well as API documentation and other references.
- Don’t forget to submit your complete contact information together with links to your entries.
Before You Go…
Our Web3 gaming hub provides gamers with analytics and insights needed to make informed decisions on their journeys. Also, you can visit our Discord server and Twitter account to keep the conversation going!