Welcome to P2E Analytics’ daily Web3 digest where we take an in-depth look at the stories that shape the blockchain.
Today’s edition will feature some industry heavyweights and their Web3-related initiatives. Some of the names that made headlines are Amazon Web Services, Apple, Audi, and McKinsey & Company.
Meanwhile blockchain-native entities continue to build during the so-called “bear market.” Web3 companies and projects that made some moves as of late include Choise, Consola, LivelyVerse, OpenSea, Pillz, and Worlds Enterprises, among others.
Last but not least, Web3 games are also maintaining the excitement with updates from Citizen Conflict, Illuvium:Zero, Metacade, MetaOps, and Rainmaker Games.
Let’s dive deeper into the world of Web3.
- Audi-backed startup Holoride unveiled an in-car virtual reality (VR) device that users can easily retrofit into any vehicle. The offering comes with the hardware, HTC VIVE Flow headset, safety strap, and a Holoride platform subscription. Using artificial intelligence (AI), the equipment has the ability to analyze the car and the wearer’s motion in real-time, to create motion sickness-free experiences (TC).
- Technology giant Apple is targeting a 2023 release for its much-awaited mixed reality headset. After seven years of development, the product was about to ship earlier this month, but was marred by setbacks. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo stated that Apple will reschedule the project’s release to late Q2 or even Q3 (BB).
- According to management consulting company McKinsey & Company’s reports, metaverse tech has the potential to generate up to $5 trillion in value by 2030. Factors that the firm considered include the multitude of consumers and businesses that could benefit from the virtual world’s offerings. In order to reach the projected figures, the metaverse will require technology enablers including devices and development tools, as well as experiences that can attract mass adoption (CT).
- Former Bybit global head of NFT Ian Holtz announced that he has joined Amazon Web Services (AWS). Apparently, Holtz was tasked to lead Web 3 Startups for Japan, as well as the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. AWS is a subsidiary of e-commerce giant Amazon that provides cloud computing platforms to clients. “Beyond excited to help support all the visionary Web 3 founders in this region,” Holtz stated on LinkedIn (B).
- One-stop blockchain discovery platform Rainmaker Games has secured $4.7 million in a latest seed funding round. Along with Placeholder and Hivemind Capital, other firms that supported the project include Coinfund, Shima Capital, and Side Door Ventures, etc. The company plans to use the capital to advance its platform’s development, which will gear towards Web3 gaming communities (BZ).
- Role-playing game (RPG) project illuvium’s new game titled “Illuvium: Zero,” is now available for download to all Land holders. Users can start playing the game on PC, Mac, and Android devices. Zero is the latest addition to the project’s expanding universe, along with two beta releases Illuvium: Arena and Illuvium: Overworld (FI).
- Web3 gamers can still enjoy shooter game Citizen Conflict’s alpha test before it ends on the 15th of January. The project opened on December 22, 2022, following the launch of its IDO on FireStarter and other platforms. Basically, Citizen Conflict is a team-based shooter game set in the dystopian world of Ether Islands (BSCN).
- Tactical first-person shooter game MetaOps is holding a tournament with Avalanche blockchain. The event will hold two segments, with the first one taking place in Singapore on the 20th of January. A second leg in the United States will follow the next day. Participants can register their 2v2 squads for a chance to win a portion of the $500 prize pool (TW).
- Community-run play-to-earn (P2E) arcade Metacade has raised over $2 million in the presale of its native token $MCADE. The Ethereum-powered title made $1 million in a matter of weeks after the presale’s beta stage was launched. As of this writing, the project has $690k worth of tokens remaining at $0.01. Subsequently, the price will see a 20% increase in the next round (CT).
- Crypto MetaFI ecosystem Choise.com has completed the first stage of its NFT Token Offering (NTO). Now embarking on Stage Two, the initiative will continue until the 18th of January. Earlier this month, Choise sold out 100% of Choby NFTs reserved for the NTO’s first ‘Green’ stage. As a result, the project raised a total amount of $750,000. All in all, the offering features six stages, with the digital assets increasing in number as the NTO progresses (CN).
- NFT developer Pillz has completed a seed funding round from video game commerce company Xsolla founder Aleksandr Agapitov. “Pillz represents what I always look for in teams – a passion for changing the world and a vision to do it. The next revolution in web3 is happening in hardware, and. I’m happy to be a part of it with the team at Pillz,” Agapitov stated (CFI).
- Top NFT marketplace OpenSea has announced support for Layer-2 (L2) blockchain Arbitrum Nova. The project is focused on Web3 gaming and social applications, adding to Arbitrum One’s decentralized finance (DeFi) and NFT-focused capabilities. Companies that joined the launch as ‘Data Availability Committee’ members include Consensys, Google Cloud, QuickNode, and Reddit, among others (B).
Into the Metaverse
- Indian automobile manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is set to present a ‘mega Pavilion’ at the upcoming Auto Expo 2023. Moreover, the brand also announced an exclusive metaverse platform called the ‘ExpoVerse.’ Essentially, the company aims to bring immersive experiences and showcase products at the event from January 13-18 (FE).
- Singapore-headquartered tech startup Vosmos debuted their metaverse and virtual experiences technology at the CES 2023 in Las Vegas. According to Vosmos CEO Piyush Gupta, “VOSMOS is a virtual world that is built on the tenets of technology” which aims to give immersive and engaging experiences to our clients and their customers” (PRN).
- Worlds Enterprises, Inc. has announced the completion of a $21.2 million Series A1 funding round led by Moneta Ventures. Other investors that supported the project include Align Capital, Chevron Technology Ventures, and Green Park & Golf Ventures, among others. Worlds Enterprises is the creator of “Worlds Industrial Metaverse,” a new 4D infrastructure designed for building metaverses for large industrial companies (BW).
Around the Blockchain
- LivelyVerse, in conjunction with Social Media 92, has launched the ‘LivelyVerse Club.” The platform offers an exclusive private network wherein members can connect with investors within the tech sector. In addition, the club will also provide marketing and PR tools for entrepreneurs, while leveraging its TV show LivelyWorld (YF).
- Consola.finance has launched its Web3 firm-dedicated automated finance and accounting platform. In September 2022, the project secured €1.1 million (around $1,181,103) in a pre-seed funding round. Essentially, Consola is a business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that provides solutions for crypto accounting, bookkeeping, and reporting (YF).
- News of crypto platform Blockchain.com’s founder and CEO Peter Smith being the owner of an $8 million house recently surfaced. Reports show that the property is located on a hilltop in Los Angeles. Futhermore, the Bali-inspired home offers panoramic views of the mountains, Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island (DRT).
Web3 Content Creators
- Brycent: Web3 content creator Brycent announced that Week 4 of BGENS League on fantasy sports platform Sorare is now live. The tournament is offering 100 available spots to participants and is giving away limited edition Kevin Durant NFTs.
- Cagy: The Juice Team founder Cagy recently asked a question on Twitter that sparked a wave of reactions. The Web3 gaming YouTuber’s query was: “Is Play-to-Earn Dead?” Consequently, his followers shared a variety of interesting insights ranging from serious (“Play-to-earn is evolving. At the end of the whole revolution, there will just be games”) to hilarious (“It’s just pay not to play now”).
- CryptoStache: Crypto YouTuber Stache held his weekly gaming roundtable “Around the Metaverse.” Gaming personalities Alliestraza, iceyyy, Token Game, and Alex Dombeck joined CryptoStache in this edition. Moreover, the show focused on projects such as Square Enix, Symbiogenesis, PUBG, and Banger Games.
- Hustle: Jonny aka Hustle, the host of Web3-focused YouTube channel Crypto Banter, held an interview session with long-time realtor Ryan Pineda. Joining Hustle are Hassan and Zan of NFT investor hub Steady Stack. The show focused on the role of digital assets in real-world business.
- Spike: Web3 community leader Spike has announced a partnership with upcoming sci-fi massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Star Atlas. In this 24-hour giveaway, participants will engage in space exploration and strategy for a chance to receive Epic Games Keys as rewards.