Andy Warhol Tokenized Art, Johnnie Walker Metaverse Concert, Bicasso Goes Global
Today’s Web3 digest will highlight some of the most notable blockchain games, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and metaverse projects.
Here are the stories that shape Web3.
- Andy Warhol/Freeport: Fine art platform Freeport is listing four tokenized paintings by pop art pioneer Andy Warhol. The collection features depictions of entertainment icons James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Mickey Mouse, and Mick Jagger (TB).
- Kraken/Williams Racing: Cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has partnered with Formula One team Williams Racing. The partnership will grant Kraken NFT holders the opportunity to have their digital collectibles displayed on Williams Racing cars (TB).
- Art Basel: International art fair Art Basel has accused Digital Basel of copyright infringement. Touting itself as a “leading innovation hub,” the online platform received a cease-and-desist letter from the renowned art organization (AN).
- Bicasso: Top cryptocurrency exchange Binance has announced the worldwide launch of its artificial intelligence (AI) art and NFT minting platform Bicasso. As part of the roll-out, Binance also introduced the ‘Exclusive Bicasso’ NFT collection (BNB).
- The Machines Arena: Axie Infinity developer, Sky Mavis released its first third-party game on Ronin called The Machines Arena (BG).
- Metapixel/Gran Saga: Web3 gaming ecosystem Metapixel has launched beta testing for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) Gran Saga. Moreover, players must acquire a Gran Saga: Unlimited On-chain Achievement Token (GSU OAT) in order to participate (BSCN).
- Blocklords: Web3 game dev studio MetaKing Studios has formed a partnership with Polygon to launch its medieval strategy game Blocklords. The company originally released their in-game NFTs on the gaming-dedicated blockchain ImmutableX (BCG).
- My Neighbor Alice: Multiplayer building game My Neighbor Alice is listing its native token $ALICE on the Binance-backed Web3 gaming platform NFTb. In essence, the update will enable community members to benefit from improved liquidity, expanded accessibility, and a more robust ecosystem (ZYC).
- Horizon Blockchain Games: Web3 game developer Horizon Blockchain Games has teamed up with smart contract wallet Sequence. Additionally, the company has also formed a partnership with Fenix Games, a blockchain-focused game publisher made up of video gaming industry and Wall Street veterans (BCG).
- Marblex: South Korean game publisher Netmarble’s blockchain branch Marblex has announced the launch of its NFT staking service. The new feature will enable Marblership NFT holders to earn rewards through mining or staking (BCG).
- Y00ts: An estimated $37 million worth of Y00ts NFTs has migrated from the Solana network to the Polygon blockchain. The transferred assets constitute as much as 77% of the total Y00ts NFTs, with the process taking only a day to accomplish (DC).
- Polygon/Wakweli: Web3 infrastructure protocol Wakweli has teamed up with the Polygon network to employ NFT authentication capabilities. As a result, the new feature will establish compatibility between digital assets on Polygon and Wakweli’s certification system (CT).
- Pussy Riot: The Russian government is citing feminist protest and art group Pussy Riot’s NFT project as evidence for charges against the Moscow-based collective. Apparently, artist Nadya Tolokonnikova and fellow members are facing accusations of “hurting religious feelings” using the provocative digital collectibles (DC).
Into the Metaverse
- LandVault: Metaverse building company LandVault has extended its Series B funding round with an additional $3 million raise. Some of the new investors include The Sandbox, the Gemini Frontier Fund, HodlCo and Kingsway Capital (TB).
- NASCIO: The National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) has released a resource offering state officials guidance on metaverse technologies. Titled ‘Navigating the Metaverse: Potential Applications and Implications for State Government,’ the primer focuses on the benefits that governments can derive from the technology (GT).
- Epic Games: Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney recently discussed the company’s metaverse plans at GDC. “You need a lot of building blocks. The metaverse will be a lot more complex and sophisticated than the world wide web,” Sweeney stated (VB).
- Johnnie Walker: Iconic Scotch whiskey brand Johnnie Walker is hosting on June 9, a virtual concert titled “Walk Beyond the Metaverse.” Co-headlining the event is Filipino-Australian singer James Reid, with additional artists to be announced in the near future (HB).
- AllianceBlock/Crunchbase: AllianceBlock, has signed a deal with business information provider Crunchbase. The agreement will enable the company to add traditional business data from Crunchbase and into its ecosystem (CD).
- Lido: DeFi platform Lido is terminating its staking program on blockchains Polkadot and Kusama. Deposit features are no longer available and all assets will be unstaked on June 22 (CD).
- SafeMoon: DeFi protocol SafeMoon lost $8.9 million after the platform’s liquidity pool was compromised earlier this week. Web3 security firm PeckShield stated that the attacker released a bug during the official SafeMoon Deployer’s previous contract upgrade (CP).